Ever since the beginning of time, humans have loved to gamble.
Gambling is meant to be a fun activity that is used to pass the time and cure boredom for a small price. Once it turns into something more serious than that, you might need to admit to yourself that you are developing a gambling problem.
There are a lot of telltale signs that might indicate your gambling problem could be getting serious. The following list contains some of the bad habits that you should be looking out for:
- Gambling away important money such as rent money
- Thinking about gambling all day long
- Lying to others about your gambling habit
- Borrowing money from others just to gamble
- Gambling at stakes you know are too high for your bankroll
- Gambling to escape your problems while ignoring your responsibilities
- Gambling more to pay off a gambling debt
- Quitting your job or favorite hobbies to gamble
- Being physically unable to take breaks from gambling
- Spending less time with your family just to gamble more
If one or more of the items on the above list applies to you, then there is a high chance that you have a gambling problem. These signs are not present in normal people who just see gambling as a fun way to kill some of their spare time.
Once you have identified the fact that you have a gambling problem, one of the best ways to fix it is to understand what causes this problem to begin with.
This organization has members all over the world, and encourages problem gamblers to share their experiences and help each other.
This United States organization seeks to increase the general awareness of gambling addiction and help problem gamblers and their families get treatment.
Based in the United Kingdom, Gamcare offers support and counseling to those suffering with a gambling problem.
“HELPGUIDEORG INTERNATIONAL was established in 2012 as a California nonprofit public benefit corporation dedicated to charitable and educational purposes.” This guide covers everything from dealing with depression to tips on how to get better sleep.